Interact gives students ages 12-18 the chance to make a real difference while having fun. Every Interact club carries out two service projects a year: one that helps their school or community and one that promotes international understanding.
Clubs meet at least twice a month and are sponsored by their local Rotary club. When you sponsor an Interact club, you’re helping young people:
- connect with community leaders
- develop leadership skills
- make international connections
- discover more opportunities to connect with Rotary, including Rotaract, RYLA, and Youth Exchange
Learn more about Interact.
Invite Interact members to attend a Rotary Youth Leadership Awards event to connect with the next generation of community leaders. RYLA is a leadership development program that is organized at the club, district, or multidistrict level.
From attending international events to joining a Rotary Youth Exchange, you’ll find a variety of ways to connect globally through Interact.
Celebrate your club’s global impact by getting involved in:
- World Interact Week
- Interact Video Contest
Help young people explore new cultures and customs by encouraging their participation in a Rotary Youth Exchange. Students can choose between a short term or long term exchange. It’s a powerful way to promote global understanding and peace.
Resources & Reference
- Interact Guide for Rotary Club Sponsors and Advisers
- Interact Club Certification Form
- Standard Interact Club Constitution
- Recommended Interact Club Bylaws
- Interact identification card
- Interact and Rotaract Sponsorship and Co-Sponsorship
- Listing of Club-Sponsored Organizations (Rotaract, Interact, RCC)
- How to Update Rotaract and Interact Club Information
- Young Leaders in Action newsletter
- Youth Travel Excerpts Reference - Rotary Code of Policies
- Interact: Make a Difference (France, India, USA)
- Josh’s Choice: Volunteer, Travel, or Lead
- Interact Video Contest winners
- Locate a Rotary club with Club Finder
- Check our discussion groups
- Update your club and membership data
Questions? Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.