A dozen ways to make a difference
August is Membership and New Club Development Month, which means it's time to celebrate your Rotary club, your members, and the good you do in your community and around the world.
Make the most of your membership. Here's how.
- Learn more about Rotary Global Rewards, a new member benefit program that offers discounts on products and services – travel, hotels, car rentals, dining, and entertainment. Visit the Member Center.
- Identify a need in your community and work with your club to design a hands-on project that addresses it.
- Learn how to apply for a grant to implement a project.
- Know a young leader? Tell him or her about Interact, Rotaract, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA), and Rotary Youth Exchange.
- Explore other clubs. Did you know that you’re welcome to attend any club’s meeting, anywhere in the world? Use the Club Finder tool or download the Club Locator app to find a meeting when you travel.
- Try a new role. Clubs need leaders. Take the first step and ask where your club needs help.
- Attend the next Rotary International Convention in Seoul, Korea. Enjoy inspiring talks from global leaders, celebrities, and activists. Meet members from around the world. It’s the ultimate way to understand the scope of Rotary. Register today.
- Be part of history and help eradicate polio. Find out how to support PolioPlus and join the movement to end polio.
- Use the resources in the Rotary Brand Center to help you communicate, inspire, and collaborate.
- Meet other members who share your interests and passions through a Rotary Fellowship or Rotarian Action Group. There are about 70 groups, catering to everyone from cooking enthusiasts to water and sanitation project experts.
- Connect on social media. Rotary has official pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr, and more. Join the conversation.
- Support The Rotary Foundation. Contributions provide millions of dollars in grants that support our humanitarian service around the world. Learn more.
This month, we are collecting stories from members about why they joined-- and are proud to stay-- in Rotary. Tell us your story on Facebook or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and you may see your story featured in a future issue of Membership Minute.
Adapted from Global Outlook in the August issue of The Rotarian