Paul Harris Society
“I participate in the Paul Harris Society because I care. These contributions demonstrate our commitment to serve others.” – Elaine Love, Paul Harris Society Coordinator for District 5450 (Colorado, USA)
What is the Paul Harris Society?
Named after Rotary's founder, the Paul Harris Society recognizes Rotary members and friends of The Rotary Foundation who contribute $1,000 or more each year to the Annual Fund, PolioPlus Fund, or approved global grants. The purpose of the Paul Harris Society is to honor and thank individuals for their generous, ongoing support of The Rotary Foundation.
“I have been inspired watching Rotarians jump at the chance to be charter members of the Paul Harris Society. I am experiencing a truly historic moment.” – Yale Jones, Paul Harris Society Coordinator for District 5520 (New Mexico and Texas, USA)
What your giving supports
Your giving promotes peace, fights disease, provides clean water, saves mothers and children, supports education, and grows local economies through grants that:
- Bring peace-building seminars to 200 teachers and 1,300 students in Uganda.
- Distribute insecticide-treated mosquito nets and medical services that help prevent malaria in Mali.
- Train teachers who are establishing an early-childhood education center in South Africa.
- Provide water filters, toilet blocks, and hygiene training to prevent fluorosis in a community in India.
- Fund a scholarship for a medical professional to research ways to minimize mortality rates among premature babies in Italy.
- Protect children around the world from polio.
Rotary districts often honor new members of the Paul Harris Society by presenting them with a certificate and chevron at a district or club event.
Paul Harris Society coordinators and district leaders can order chevrons from The Rotary Foundation at no cost. Email your request to email@example.com.
Resources & reference
- Paul Harris Society brochure
- Paul Harris Society FAQ
- Paul Harris Society promotional form
- Paul Harris Society PowerPoint
- Paul Harris Society certificate template
- Paul Harris Society recognition remarks
- Using the Paul Harris Society report
- What you need to know as a Paul Harris Society coordinator
- Rotary Direct recurring giving program
- District Paul Harris Society coordinator
- District leader
- Fundraising staff at the Rotary office serving your region
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-866-976-8279.